Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Hello Everyone! Any Advice?

Hello everyone! I hope you are all staying warm during this crazy cold winter. The house is.... coming along. I wanted to get some feedback from you all regarding some issues before I call RH. I have an entire list of things for them to fix, but I wanted to your thoughts on these items.

Do any of you have hot and cold extremes in your homes? My living room and downstairs library are both very cold, and so are my master bedroom and FROG. If I put my thermostat on 72-73, the kids bedrooms becoming really hot, but the other rooms on the other side of the house are flat out cold. I know some people say you can adjust the dampers, but we were told ours are automatic, and I have no idea where they are. RH came to check this out once but they said it wasn't an issue. I live here every day, all day. It is definitely an issue. It was also a problem in the summer. I'm thinking I will need to hire a company to get to the bottom of this. We have two heating units and this is still an issue. Thoughts? Advice? Anyone? :-) My thermostats keep blanking out also. Have you all experienced this? RH also came to check this out before, but were unable to find a problem.

Another issue is a crazy loud vibrating noise when its windy. It is LOUD. I am not sure if the gutters are loose or what, but anyone else have this problem? It literally wakes up my entire house. The vent outside of the kitchen microwave is really loud and annoying too. If anyone has this issue, have you found any solution? If so, please share.

Other than that, we have a few large settlement cracks, several nail pops, caulk pulling away from the walls, a gutter that feel off, and some places with questionable workmanship (paint mainly).. but overall, nothing too terrible. I plan to go online and try to get some issues resolved, but I'm wondering if anyone else has any ideas for fixing my problems first. We have installed light fixtures and blinds throughout the house. I am looking at ideas to make the house look a little less. ..ryanish.... and a little more me. I'll post pictures once I find some thing. I'm thinking a set of barn doors would be gorgeous! Anyway, I look forward to hearing from you all. Take care!

5 comments:

  1. We have a Verona in Indianapolis. I feel like our master bedroom is a bit colder than the rest of the upstairs, but it generally doesn't bother me. I prefer it a bit cooler and then let the kids rooms stay warmer. I have not noticed that on the main level of the house. We don't spend a lot of time in the first floor bedroom or office though.

    We do notice a lot of cold air coming through our microwave. Originally when they put it in, they didn't have it venting properly to the outside. My husband thinks when they fixed that they maybe didn't put a damper in or something. It's on our 10 month check up list.

    You might invest in a few thermometers that you can put in different rooms of the house. Track the temperature. When you present the information to Ryan, I'd ask them how this fits in with their energy star rating. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea! Thermometers! Thank you! I hate my microwave too! It's just noisy, but on the outside. I will give RH a buzz and see how it goes. Thanks for the feedback!!

      Delete
  2. Our upstairs is warm and the first floor is freezing. Ourmpantry is so cold you could hamg meet in there. Our first gas bill almost out us into debt. I thought it would be a savings. No advice but to make sure you get it on the my Ryan site. This way its documented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our gas bill is about $200 lately. And the electric is about $100. Its pretty crazy. I'm not sure why the electric is that high in the summer. And we have a vent in the pantry. So we don't have that issue. My neighbor who built the same model home doesn't have one. Its so strange! I hope you get your stuff worked out. Thanks for your input.

      Delete
  3. Do you need Personal Loan?
    Business Cash Loan?
    Unsecured Loan
    Fast and Simple Loan?
    Quick Application Process?
    Approvals within 24-72 Hours?
    No Hidden Fees Loan?
    Funding in less than 1 Week?
    Get unsecured working capital?
    Email us:urgentloan22@gmail.com
    Application Form:
    =================
    Full Name:................
    Loan Amount Needed:.
    Purpose of loan:.......
    Loan Duration:..
    Gender:.............
    Marital status:....
    Location:..........
    Home Address:..
    City:............
    Country:......
    Phone:..........
    Mobile / Cell:....
    Occupation:......
    Monthly Income:....
    Email us (urgentloan22@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete