Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A new Verona is on the way...

So, here is the story. We have been scoping out a new Ryan Homes community in southeastern Virginia since April 2013. I happened to ride past a sign for a new model and we stopped to check it out. It was gorgeous! However, there were no other homes sold or built yet. I am not one who can "see" things on paper, so I just couldn't see myself buying a house that I couldn't picture. For months, we stalked this development. It grew, and grew and grew. Finally, we decided to go for it (about 20 houses later). I could finally see what they neighborhood was going to look like. We decided on a Verona. Its a nice home, large enough for our 6 person family. We got a decent deal on the house, the house price itself was not negotiable and most of the upgrades weren't either. At this point, we have gone to contract, done our 14 day where we make final selections and we are waiting for our first approval from NVR, a call from the infamous Rite Rug, and to meet our Project manager. Our sales agent has been super helpful. I am skeptical of NVR, just because of what I have read, but so far, things seem ok. We will see how I feel about them at the end. I am quite disappointed how everything is an upgrade with this house, but I am hoping in the end, it will have all been worth it. We chose to forego a lot of the upgrades, because I think its cheaper to do some after the fact. Here is a photo of the lot. Its pretty empty...for now. =)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MAN..It looks like my comment was posted twice, so I deleted one. Well it deleted both..BUMMER.

    Well, I'm not typing all of that again. In a nut shell, focus on the architectural upgrades versus the cosmetic. It's more expense to have an electrician install overhead lights after the house is built rather than paying Ryan $100 to prewire them. Happy Building!!

    ReplyDelete