Sunday, February 23, 2014

Light Fixture Fiasco

Light fixtures selections are rather important. Unfortunately, we never saw any light fixtures on paper. I am curious....do you get to choose which ones go in or does RH pick for you? At our meeting,  our SR asked us if we wanted nickel or oil rubbed bronze bathroom fixtures and door knobs and hinges. We voted nickel. After our appointment with Rite Rug, we emailed the SR because we thought we were going to select light fixtures while at the Rite Rug meeting, but we didn't. He emailed back saying we already chose them. That's odd. Neither my husband or myself ever chose anything. We were never given a selection sheet. I've never looked at a light fixture on paper. So when did we choose? After relaying this to him,  he said he was busy today and would call when he got a chance. I definitely would like clarification. Meanwhile, I am curious to know...are light fixtures selectable? Is there any option at all as far as what goes in to each home? Or did I choose my fixtures by saying I wanted satin? Hopefully tomorrow, I will know for sure. 

5 comments:

  1. This is not okay! That seems to be half of the fun in building a brand new home. I hope you get this resolved ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are lighting packages. The SR should have pictures. Generally, you have to go with the package and cannot pick and choose individual light fixtures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were never given lighting package options. It was always...the fixtures are what you see in the model. Definitely annoying. Why should every single house in the neighborhood have the same fixtures? Now I am curious to know what I missed out on? He said...nobody ever chooses the other packages, so I guess thats why he didnt show them to us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. I know plenty of bloggers who chose other light fixtures. It seems like more people are choosing different lighting packages than used to. We were the first house that our PM built with all ORB lighting and plumbing fixtures, but that was almost two years ago. Even if most are choosing the standard fixtures, you shouldn't have to ask to see other options. You should have been given that choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel, it is a lesson learned. I think it is something I should have researched a little more. I will definitely do more research going forward.

      Delete