Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Quick Update

Things are moving along well still. I check on the progress of the house about twice each week. When we go, we just look around... see what is happening.  I don't hear from my PM hardly at all. I feel like I have to go see the house to find out what's going on. Otherwise, I have no clue. He called me once to say we break ground in two days. Was it like this for all of you too? Maybe he figures because we come out to check on things, we don't need to be updated? This week, it looks like the doors and windows have been put in. I think the roof will go up soon. Meanwhile, I did call my PM myself today to ask some questions. He said drywall would happen soon and I could get an inspector in next week. That's it for now. Take care!

2 comments:

  1. I hear your frustration. Our PM only seems to communicate if we contact him. We email him three questions, he answers one... but at the end of his email always says to ask him if we have questions -- Why? You aren't going to answer them anyway. We did ask for a quick weekly email update, so I am hoping that will help.
    Otherwise, I keep trying to remind myself that, if I have to choose one, I would rather he spend his time managing the build of our home than providing us info.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a good way to look at it! We had two of them at the preconstruction meeting and I have not seen or heard from the other one at all. I am not sure what is going on with that. I can look until I turn blue, but I am not exactly sure what is going on. I think I just would like to know the process and what to expect. Either way, if it ends up well built, I guess all is fine, right? =)

      Delete