Friday, April 18, 2014

Really? Annoyed.

The good news. My shingles are on! Electrical and plumbing is in! Next step, pre drywall meeting! Woohoo! The bad news...

Rant warning: On another note, I am a bit pissed. I got a call from our PM early this morning. Yesterday, I dropped by the house and asked the electrical guy some questions....not any favors at all, just how hard would it be to add ceiling fans in the places where we only have light rough ins after closing. He said pretty hard but...he could do it on the side for $100 each, if i buy the bracket. Mind you...all he is doing is taking one bracket down and adding another. Literally ten minutes of work max. So we ignore his proposal because the price is ridiculous, and head home after thanking him for the work on our house. I guess he was afraid we would tell the PM he offered that side service to us, so he called the PM and said we were trying to get him to do extra stuff! WHAT! I am livid. I want to go over there and set him straight but I wont. So now my PM thinks I am trying to hustle his guys? Most of them, including this electrician, barely speak English! Im paying a ton of money for this house, and yes, I check on the progress often but I do not bother the trades! Our PM seemed kind of ticked and was kind of like....you guys are putting me in a bind. Then when I explained what really happened, he was like...oooooooo ok. I will deal with it. Im annoyed though, to say the least. I've tried to deal with everyone nicely and i have taken the shortcomings of some of them in stride. For example. .... We were never shown color options until the day we had to choose a color for siding. We never chose our paint, it was chosen for us. We never were told where the light fixtures that are included go, we just had to assume. We were never shown other lighting packages.  We never have ever seen the layout for electrical. We were never told a lot of things so we couldn't make the best informed decisions. I dont think it was intentional. But it is what it is. I could blast Ryan Homes but you take the good with the bad. We just deal with it. We will see how it goes from here. Our PM has been nice and has tried to help us when be can,  so I get why he would be mad if we went behind his back. Thats not what happened. At all. And now this is jeopardizing any thing that we may have wanted to request. Ughhhhhh. Ok. Rant over. I need to relax. Take care guys!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you weren't shown any of your choices. We were shown everything by our sales rep when we were signing all of our official paperwork to start building. They had printed sheets of the two different lighting choices and we had to sign the ones we chose. I'm really surprised they didn't offer you the upgrades; I thought they made money that way. As for the electrical, we asked to see it. But, again, they asked if if we wanted to buy any additional outlets and the only way you know if you do is to see the electrical plans. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary. you live and you learn, huh? My rep had good intentions, I think he just forgot? I was limited on upgrades, so maybe he thought he was helping me out. The electrical is something that needs to be addressed by Ryan homes. They definitely need a better plan for that. Thanks for your input. Take care!!!

      Delete