Friday, May 9, 2014

Moving Along

This week, the drywall was sanded, paint was done, concrete was poured. We also got a concrete patio poured on the back of the house. I'm a little concerned about the porch and the massive brick columns. I think it may take away from the porch experience a bit, but We had to get this elevation because the house across the street had the only other option. I hope when all is said and done, I love it. We will see. The cabinets are in the garage abd ready to be installed. We should be closing in one month. I'm beyond excited!

6 comments:

  1. I love the brick on your porch. We didn't have that option.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is elevation L. Most of the homes in our community have a porch option. Maybe you could just build a nice deck on the back! We had a concrete slab poured for a sittting area in the back.

      Delete
  2. I only wish I had your porch! I think you will love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! IT will seriously be my favorite spot. Did you see the new pictures of it! It looks awesome!!! Although, the white columns just block it in a bit.

      Delete
    2. I did see them, so pretty! I think the columns give it character! And the metal porch roof, *sigh* just compliments everything!

      Delete
    3. Thank you. =) Its coming along.

      Delete