Friday, May 23, 2014

Progress... And Not So Good Surprises

We dropped by the house today. Imagine my surprise when I find VINYL tile in my formal living room. I'm not joking. This big room was covered in vinyl. Who did this? What were they thinking? I told the second PM about the issue. The first one is on vacation this week. It's just so much wasted material. But it has to go! They said they thought it was weird too. Nobody thought to call and confirm that choice? LOL it's horrible. But....Other than that, the kitchen and bathroom flooring is done. It's covered, so I'm not sure how I feel about it. The ballasters outside are done. Holes are dug for the trees. The lot has been somewhat leveled. Just a few more weeks to closing. Looks like it should be ready on time.


4 comments:

  1. Vinyl in the living room is a silly mistake. Thankfully, it's not a huge issue to fix. However, there's a fair chance that they would want to just lay carpet over top of it. I would make sure they don't do that. If there's ever a water damage, that vinyl would need to be removed, causing you additional aggravation and your insurance company to pay more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very good point, I will be sure to make them take it up. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. the first photo won't show up- don't know if anyone else is having that issue... the bathroom looks good though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im not sure what happened. I fixed it though! Thank you.

      Delete